"The call connects, but I can't hear the other party and they can't hear me."
There are a number of reasons this could occur. But there are a few steps you can take to try to resolve the issue.
1. First, if you haven't already, try raising the volume while you are on the call.
2. Next, tap on settings, then SIP Accounts, then your SIP Account. Tap on advanced settings and add a STUN Server (use your provider's if they have one; if they don't, you can try stun.acrobits.cz). Try it first with Discover Global IP set to internal, then with Discover Global IP set to external.
3. You should also check to see if your provider has a NAT proxy that you can use. If so, remove the STUN Server and enter the details in the Proxy field (not outbound proxy). If they specify a port, put it at the end of the proxy prefaced by a colon (e.g. proxy.com:5080).
4. If you still have an issue, it could be a codec related issue. Tap on settings, then SIP Accounts, then your SIP Account. Tap on either codecs for wifi or codecs for 3G (whichever you're using). Move all but one of the codecs to the disabled section and save the change. Using this method, test each codec to see if any of the codecs solve the issue. You should also make sure Force Packet Time is off. Then test using different Packet Times.
5. If you still have an issue, you can send a SIP Log for us to review. Tap on settings, then preferences. Turn Log SIP Traffic on. Tap done, then restart the softphone. Make a call and confirm you have the same issue. Then go back to settings and tap on SIP Log. Tap on Send to Acrobits and include your name in the note. Then open a ticket and state that you have followed the instructions in this article and have sent a log.*
*If the problem is exclusively on 3G, please state this in the ticket. There are many cellular data providers that still don't handle SIP very well. For example, STUN queries often fail over 3G networks. We may still be able to resolve the issue, but knowing in advance that the issue is exclusive to 3G will save both you and us time.
keywords: sound, audio, incoming, inbound, receive, outgoing, outbound , send, acrobits, softphone, groundwire