Video Conferecing Beta - Known Issues
- The majority of smartphones will transmit medium quality video by default. This is largely due to Android.
- Select low-end and legacy devices may even transmit low-quality video by default to avoid overheating. We are currently working on a solution for detecting initial call quality based on the device.
- We will also include an option to change the call quality manually.
- Screen sharing is not working for the desktop installation of the WebRTC application (running in electron). We are working on fixing this problem.
- The mute and camera on/off icon will be added to a user’s thumbnails soon to indicate their state.
- An option to kick a participant from a conference call will be added soon.
- Joining conferences sometimes takes as long as five seconds. We are aware of this issue and are working on a fix. This issue is related to the load of our production SSO.
- iOS UI is not consistent with Android and webRTC UI. Original iOS SDK is currently used for joining conferences. This solution is only temporary. We will replace that UI with our UI — even for iOS devices.
Please submit any further issues encountered during testing of our video conferecing BETA using this form: https://www.acrobits.net/support/video-conf-support/